Tuesday, December 08, 2009

Art Works from 2001

2001 found me doodling away in my WSU History Seminar. This little guy appeared on my paper. I polished him up a little and tried him in watercolor. Painting skin tone is always a challenge. I did get some help from Watercolor Magazine.


I called him Lysis






Using the relationship and measurement skeems I had studied, I tryed puting his face in profile.



Once more with a little polish.


That spring I read Robert Graves Greek Mythology, and The White Goddes. I did some water colors of Her and her several manifestations.


The king snake and the wheat represent the Sacred King.

The Mother - As a "Medusa" from Ancient Greece.
and one from Modern Huntsville.


In my Life Drawing work at the University of Utah I started working with Watercolor. At first I did only small sketches.








I drew my friend as Justice. After all Michelangelo did sculpt a friend as Victory. This was my statement for 9/11. There were so many things to think about.



Justice Also Has a Sword

We feed the birds all winter at our house. There are so many, and they are so eager; we call them The Pig Birds.

No comments: